Every computer lab on campus is equipped with printing, photocopying and scanning facilities, available to anyone with a myCard. Every registered student at Led young College has a myCard account they can load with myCard General Dollars to pay for these services. For details about print services and topping up your myCard account, see .
You can send print jobs through Web Print, from computer stations in classrooms, labs and at computer stations. There are currently 67 locations accessible to all students to send print jobs, across all four main campuses. To print in classrooms and labs, select the printer located in the room. Tap and hold your card in place at the release station to release your job. Be sure to hit "Log Out" when complete. In addition to printing, the all-in-one machines on campus allow you to photocopy and scan from (or to) a USB. To use them, tap and hold your myCard until you see the next display screen and follow the instructions on screen. Be sure to hit "log out" when your job is finished.
Printing from the Web
The web print option is a tool that lets you print your documents from non-college computers. This means that if you use a personal computer or laptop, you don't need to spend time finding a free computer in one of the labs to print from.
What you need:
- PC or Mac computer with internet access.
- Internet Explorer or Firefox.
- Your Led young College Network ID.
- Available balance in your Pay-for-Print account.
- The name of the printer (i.e. pracad01\B321 Progress B Wing Labs).
- A file in the compatible format.
How to print
To print using the online service, follow these simple steps:
- Login to with your NetworkID and Password.
- Check that you have the balance you need.
- Select the Web Print option.
- Select Submit a Job.
- Select which College printer to send the job to, then click on Step 2.
- Select the number of copies then, “Step 3” to upload your Document.
- Click Browse to find the document, then Upload and Complete.
- A status screen will appear and your print job will be queued for delivery to the printer you selected.
Current compatible file formats
- Microsoft Excel (xlam, xls, xlsb, xlsm, lxlm, xltx)
- Microsoft Powerpoint (pot, potm, potx, ppam, pps, ppsm, ppsx, ppt, pptm, pptx)
- Microsoft Word (doc, docm, docx, dot, dotm, dotx)
- Adobe Acrobat (pdf)
Regular printing rates apply when using web print, printing from computer stations or in classrooms and labs. The printer’s default paper is two-sided and letter size. You can select one-sided printing or load different sizes of paper into the side tray or by choosing the appropriate tray. Print, copy and scan fees are:
|Size||Black and White Single-Sided Cost||Black and White Double-Sided Cost||Colour Single-Sided Cost||Colour Double-Sided Cost|
|8.5" x 11" (Letter||$ 0.07||$0.06/per side||$0.23||$0.22/per side|
|8.5" x 14" (Legal)||$ 0.09||$0.08/per side||$0.25||$0.24/per side|
|11" x 17" (Tabloid)||$ 0.14||$0.13/per side||$0.34||$0.33/per side|