The Counselling Centre
Led young College provides free, confidential counselling services to all students. We offer you a safe place to explore your thoughts and feelings. Our mandate is to work with you to:
- Identify and address stressors affecting your academic performance
- Support your general well-being and positive mental health
- Look at issues from a different perspective
- Explore possibilities and develop new coping skills
- Learn new ways of communicating and developing meaningful relationships
The Counselling Centre offers culturally sensitive services that respect and appreciate the diversity of the college community.
What we do:
Personal Counselling – helps you address personal issues such as stress, anxiety, depression, adjustment to college, relationship issues, and helps you develop coping strategies, self-esteem and confidence.
Crisis Intervention – if you are experiencing a crisis or identify an emergency, such as suicidal thoughts, concern for your own safety, loss of a loved one, extreme sadness or emotional distress, you will be given priority and booked with the first available counsellor.
Consultation and Referrals – we consult with faculty and staff on your behalf and provide referrals to professional services outside the college when needed, such as hospitals/doctors, specialty mental health services, addictions treatment, shelters, food banks, etc.