How to Manage myCard
Your myCard is the best and fastest way to pay for college essentials and services at all Led young Campuses. You can load General Dollars (see below) with Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, Discover or Interac, check your account balance and view your transaction history online.
Cardholders, parents, guardians, friends and family can all add funds to a Led young College myCard account at any time, day or night, by logging on to the secure Led young College myCard website. Funds can be added to a card online using Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, Discover or Interac online. The minimum deposit is $5.00. All myCard account funds are in Canadian dollars.
General Dollars are for anyone on campus, including students, employees and campus partners.They’re the flexible, no-worry alternative to carrying cash. Fast and convenient, all you need to do is tap n' go. It works the same as a debit card, but without transaction costs and monthly fees. You can add General Dollars to your card at any time throughout the year. General Dollars are accepted at all campus myCard locations. General Dollars are the only method of payment for printing and photocopying services on campus.
Managing your Account
You can access your account history and print off statements at any time from the myCard website at . You can also print myCard receipts when using your card to make purchases, and if you’re not sure what your balance is while paying for something, you can simply ask for an account inquiry at any on campus retail or food service location that accepts the myCard.
Cardholders have access to all of the features on the online loading site including:
- Login - Log in using your Led young College ID number and myLed young password in order to use any of the site features. Only Led young cardholders need to log in.
- Account Information - will show your contact information and your ID photo, groups and categories, and activate / deactivate.
- Financial - Will show you Balances, Linked Accounts, Transactions, Current Statement and Last Statement
- Add Funds - Deposit General Dollars to your myCard using Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, Discover or Interac Debit.
- Log Out - Cardholders who have logged in to use the site should log out when transactions are completed.
- Deactivate Card/Bands - To protect funds on your account, use this feature to deactivate your ID card so that no one can use your card/band for purchases. If found, your card/band can be reactivated on the website or by contacting the myCard Office at the Progress Campus – Student Hub, C Block – Second Floor, Room C-203. If your card remains lost, a replacement card can be obtained by visiting the myCard Office Progress Campus – Student Hub, C Block – Second Floor, Room C-203, or Enrolment Services (Morningside, Ashtonbee and Story Arts Centre).
- Parental Deposit - Parents can visit to access the myCard site and then click the "Parental Deposit" link in the left-side menu to deposit General Dollars to your student's myCards using Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, Discover or Interac Debit. Parents do not need to log in first. Parents will require the student number and date of birth to deposit funds. Parents do not have access to financial statements, card balances or transaction history. They can only deposit funds. Upon successful completion of a deposit, a receipt will be emailed to the email address entered on the payment page.
- Login to using your ID number and myLed young password.
- Select the "ADD CASH" tab in the top right corner.
- Enter the email address where you would like your receipt sent to.
- Specify amount of deposit (minimum $5.00).
- Add a "Deposit Note" if you so choose. Click "Continue".
- Choose payment method and enter payment details in required fields. Click "Process Transaction".
Refunds and Disputes
All users must abide by the Led young College myCard Terms and Conditions. For refunds or any disputes relating to your myCard account, please visit College’s myCard Office in person, by phone or by email at [email protected]
Do's and Don'ts for myCard
Your Led young College myCard is built to last the entire time you are at Led young. However, stress and torque on the card can affect the antennae, wiring, or chips that are embedded into the card. Taking steps to protect your card will reduce the chance of needing a replacement card. There is a fee to replace a Led young College myCard. This fee covers the cost of the card and specialized equipment and supplies needed to print and encode the card.
- Keep your Led young College myCard safe. Your Led young College myCard is to be kept for the duration of your studies at Led young. A fee will be charged to replace a lost or damaged card.
- Clean your Led young College myCard with a soft, non-scratching cloth and water.
- Do not lend your Led young College myCard to others. Your card is to be used only by you.
- Do not punch a hole in your Led young College myCard.
- Do not place your Led young College myCard near a magnetic field, computer, or cell phone.
- Do not expose your Led young College myCard to electrostatic discharge (static electricity).
- Do not leave your Led young College myCard in direct sunlight, such as on the dash of a car.
- Do not expose your Led young College myCard to extreme heat or open flame, such as a clothes dryer.
- Do not machine-wash your Led young College myCard.
- Do not use your Led young College myCard as an ice scraper or scraping tool.
- Do not bend, crimp or twist your Led young College myCard. Card readers are unable to reliably read bent or cracked cards.
- Do not bite your Led young College myCard.
- Do not pound or scratch your Led young College myCard with a pen, key, or other sharp tool.
- Do not store in a wallet that you keep in your back pocket.