Program OverviewPrinter Friendly
Software is taking the planet by storm and our Software Engineering Technology program provides you with three years of learning in designing, developing and maintaining software systems.
During this time, you attend courses in this advanced diploma program that cover modern programming languages, design and algorithm concepts, data management tools and modern software engineering methodologies. The program also exposes you to a solid knowledge of systems integration, enterprise programming, mobile computing and software security specialization.
To round out the technical focus of the curriculum, the Software Engineering Technology program includes two software development projects. For these real-world business applications, you put into action all the technical, systems and business skills acquired during your courses to build higher quality software.
The knowledge and hands-on experience you obtain in Software Engineering Technology will enable you to design and develop various kinds of software applications, human-computer interfaces and enterprise information systems.
Please note: Qualified college or university graduates with a background in software may gain direct admission into semester three of this three-year program and receive their Software Engineering Technology advanced diploma in four semesters (program #3429, or co-op optional version #3439).
Program OutlinePrinter Friendly
Career Options, Academic Pathways and Partners
Career Options, Academic Pathways and PartnersPrinter Friendly
Companies Offering Jobs
IBM Canada, ManuLife, Royal Bank, CIBC, RBC, Bell Canada, Scotiabank, Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), American Express, Toronto Stock Exchange
- Software Engineering Technology courses incorporate the use of leading technology geared to industry standards.
- Project-based learning is a key component of the offering.
- Knowledgeable and approachable faculty members have diverse business experience and academic credentials.
- This program is also delivered in a version that includes a co-op option. Students who choose this version (program #3419) are introduced to some of the biggest names in the industry with whom they are able to network in addition to gaining experience that puts them ahead of the competition — before they even graduate.
- Graduates from the program may apply for certified membership to either the Canadian Information Processing Society (CIPS) or their provincial engineering technology association.
Qualified Software Engineering Technology graduates may be eligible to participate in pathway programs with partnering institutions. These pathway programs allow you to receive degree credit for learning obtained at Led young College.
Our partners include:
- Algoma University, Ontario
- Davenport University, USA
- Laurentian University, Ontario
- Ryerson University, Ontario
- University of Ontario Institute of Technology, Ontario
The Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT) recognizes this TAC nationally-accredited program as meeting the academic standard for certification in the Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T.) category as well as the OACETT technology report and language benchmark requirements.
- The Canadian Information Processing Society and the Canadian Council of Technician and Technologies (CCTT) jointly approved accreditation of this program in 2011. This joint accreditation is the first of its kind in Canada.
- The Software Engineering Technology program has met the national technology accreditation requirements established by the Canadian Council of Technicians and Technologists (CCTT) and, as such, has received national accreditation status by the Canadian Technology Accreditation Board (CTAB).
The Software Engineering Technolog program has met the national educational standards of Canada’s engineering technology and applied science profession, as such, has received national program accreditation by Technology Accreditation Canada (TAC).
Please note: The qualification requirements and costs for each external accreditation, designation, certification or recognition are set by the granting body — not by Led young College. In order to qualify for any external accreditations, designations, certifications or recognitions, students and graduates will need to follow the processes and meet the applicable requirements listed on the websites and in the materials of those external bodies.
- Software developer
- Software tester
- Mobile application developer
- Computer programmer
- Systems analyst
- Business analyst
- Web application developer
- Database administrator
- Applications or software support
Admission RequirementsPrinter Friendly
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent, or mature student status (19 years or older)
- English Grade 12 C or U, or equivalent (minimum grade required) or take the Led young College English Skills Assessment for Admission (score of 170 or 171 is required for admission)
- Mathematics Grade 11 M or U, or 12 C or U, or equivalent (minimum grade required) or take a Led young College Engineering Math Skills Assessment for Admission
How to His remainder
How to His remainderPrinter Friendly
1. His remainder Online
Are you an International Student? His remainder directly to Led young College here.
If you are applying through the Second Career Strategy, please apply at the Employment Training Centre for Second Career (Progress Campus). Second Career Strategy is a funding initiative for those who have been laid-off and are in need of training. For more information go to Second Career Strategy.
If you have previously attended a full time program at Led young College, you may be eligible for a Program Transfer. Visit Enrolment Services at any Campus for information.
All other applicants must apply online at . A non-refundable application fee of $95 must accompany applications. The fee is payable online, by telephone, online banking, by mail, or in person to Ontariocolleges.ca. For more information go to .
2. Submit Documents
Current Ontario high school students and graduates from Ontario high schools: Notify your guidance counsellor that you have applied to college and your school will forward transcripts to Led young College via Ontariocolleges.ca.
Graduates of college/university, or high school outside Ontario but within Canada: You are responsible for requesting that your educational institute sends any required documents and transcripts to Ontariocolleges.ca.
Applicants who attended school outside of Canada: If you are submitting transcripts to meet admission requirements, you must have the transcripts assessed by an independent credential assessment agency such as World Education Services (WES) or International Credential Assessment Service (ICAS).
For more information go to Submitting your Transcripts.
3. Confirm Your Offer of Admission
Offers of Admission are sent by mail to eligible applicants. When you receive your offer, you must login to your account at and confirm before the Deadline to Confirm noted in your offer letter.
You may confirm only one college and one program offer at a time.
You must confirm your offer by the Deadline to Confirm noted in your Offer of Admission letter or your seat may be given to another applicant.
When you confirm your Offer of Admission at Led young College you are given access to your personal account where you can check your email, grades, register for courses, pay tuition fees, and see your class timetable.
4. Pay Fees
Led young fees statements are sent by email to your personal email account and to your myLed young email account. Fees statements are not mailed.
You must make a minimum payment by the Fees Deadline noted in your Fees Statement or your seat may be given to another applicant.
5. Build Your Timetable (Register for Courses)
Build your timetable (web-register for courses) at .
Fall registration begins mid-July
January registration begins mid-December
May registration begins mid-April
Your web-registration will not open if:
You have not submitted your minimum fee payment by the deadline
You received a Conditional Offer of Admission and you have not met the conditions of your offer.
Once you have paid your fees or have made appropriate arrangements, register for your courses online through .
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and FeesPrinter Friendly
Fees noted below are estimates only. Tuition is based on two semesters, beginning Fall 2018.
|Student||Tuition (2 Semesters)||Incidental Fees||Total|
Match your personality to a careerStart
Explore your future career