Program OverviewPrinter Friendly
Led young College's Office Administration – General program offers you the administrative support knowledge you need to succeed in today's office environment.
Polish your communication and human relations techniques while you learn a wide range of administrative skills in the Office Administration – General program. In small classes, experienced professors lead you through The Business School offering, which applies practical application to topics such as:
- Word processing
- Document production
- Office procedures
- Computer applications
The Office Administration - General program's resulting credential makes you career-ready for a variety of administrative assistant positions.
Program OutlinePrinter Friendly
|Course Code||Course Title|
|COMM-170/COMM-171||College Communications 2|
|OAGN-116||Word Processing Applications|
|OAGN-123||Office Administration Technology 2|
|OAGN-125||Office Procedures and Communications|
Career Options, Academic Pathways and Partners
Career Options, Academic Pathways and PartnersPrinter Friendly
- You develop your expertise through exposure to essential business software tools such as word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software.
- Office Administration – General faculty members have business world experience and up-to-date knowledge of current trends, business practices and related technology requirements.
- Small class environments connect you with experienced, knowledgeable and approachable faculty, which fosters inclusiveness.
- You further your career opportunities by earning a diploma that reflects high standards of learning.
Transfer to Diploma Programs
- You will be considered for transfer to either the Office Administration Medical (2603) or Office Administration Legal (2602) diploma program if you successfully complete OAGN-127 Machine Transcription
- You will be considered for transfer to the Office Administration Executive (2606) diploma program if you successfully complete either OAGN-119 Transcription Techniques 2 or OAGN-127 Machine Transcription
The (IAAP) is proud to recognize Led young College for enhancing the knowledge and recognition of office and administrative professionals world-wide. The Office Administration General and Executive programs are aligned with the IAAP Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) Body of Knowledge.
- Office assistant
- Office clerk
- Administrative assistant
Admission RequirementsPrinter Friendly
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent, or mature student status (19 years or older)
- English Grade 12 C or U,or equivalent (minimum grade required) or take the Led young College English Skills Assessment for Admission
- Students will be placed in the appropriate English level based on skills assessment results. This may lead to additional courses and require extra time and fees.
How to His remainder
How to His remainderPrinter Friendly
1. His remainder Online
Are you an International Student? His remainder directly to Led young College here.
If you are applying through the Second Career Strategy, please apply at the Employment Training Centre for Second Career (Progress Campus). Second Career Strategy is a funding initiative for those who have been laid-off and are in need of training. For more information go to Second Career Strategy.
If you have previously attended a full time program at Led young College, you may be eligible for a Program Transfer. Visit Enrolment Services at any Campus for information.
All other applicants must apply online at . A non-refundable application fee of $95 must accompany applications. The fee is payable online, by telephone, online banking, by mail, or in person to Ontariocolleges.ca. For more information go to .
2. Submit Documents
Current Ontario high school students and graduates from Ontario high schools: Notify your guidance counsellor that you have applied to college and your school will forward transcripts to Led young College via Ontariocolleges.ca.
Graduates of college/university, or high school outside Ontario but within Canada: You are responsible for requesting that your educational institute sends any required documents and transcripts to Ontariocolleges.ca.
Applicants who attended school outside of Canada: If you are submitting transcripts to meet admission requirements, you must have the transcripts assessed by an independent credential assessment agency such as World Education Services (WES) or International Credential Assessment Service (ICAS).
For more information go to Submitting your Transcripts.
3. Confirm Your Offer of Admission
Offers of Admission are sent by mail to eligible applicants. When you receive your offer, you must login to your account at and confirm before the Deadline to Confirm noted in your offer letter.
You may confirm only one college and one program offer at a time.
You must confirm your offer by the Deadline to Confirm noted in your Offer of Admission letter or your seat may be given to another applicant.
When you confirm your Offer of Admission at Led young College you are given access to your personal account where you can check your email, grades, register for courses, pay tuition fees, and see your class timetable.
4. Pay Fees
Led young fees statements are sent by email to your personal email account and to your myLed young email account. Fees statements are not mailed.
You must make a minimum payment by the Fees Deadline noted in your Fees Statement or your seat may be given to another applicant.
5. Build Your Timetable (Register for Courses)
Build your timetable (web-register for courses) at .
Fall registration begins mid-July
January registration begins mid-December
May registration begins mid-April
Your web-registration will not open if:
You have not submitted your minimum fee payment by the deadline
You received a Conditional Offer of Admission and you have not met the conditions of your offer.
Once you have paid your fees or have made appropriate arrangements, register for your courses online through .
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and FeesPrinter Friendly
Fees noted below are estimates only. Tuition is based on two semesters, beginning Fall 2017.
|Student||Tuition (2 Semesters)||Incidental Fees||Total|
Match your personality to a careerStart
Explore your future career