Program OverviewPrinter Friendly
The heart of Led young College's Interactive Media Management program is user experience (UX). Your ability to design and create meaningful interactive digital experiences will position you to succeed as an interactive media professional.
This media graduate certificate program, facilitated through the School of Communications, Media, Arts and Design, is ideal for you if you have completed a post-secondary program and wish to apply your skills to a career in interactive media management. If you're passionate about making interactive experiences that "just work," this program is for you.
Your courses teach you how to plan all elements of an effective interactive digital experience, starting from assessing what your audience needs, then accommodating their needs through the interface, its design and the words it contains. You also have the opportunity to work on your own project, from concept to prototype.
The interactive digital media industry is changing as mobile and immersion computing becomes more important and prevalent. As such, this collaborative and project-driven college media program emphasizes:
- Digital strategy
- UX design
- Content strategy and planning
- Interactive storytelling
- Digital project management (grant charts, budgets, project planning, agile methodology)
- Researching and surveying the interactive media landscape
You learn about the industry and available career options in the early stages of the Interactive Media Management program, and you complete your learning with a nine-week industry field placement.
Please note: This program requires you to have and use a mobile computing device that meets or exceeds the recommended hardware and software requirements. For more information, please visit Mobile Learning Programs.
- In the first semester, you gain fundamental skills in analyzing, designing, and creating interactive user experiences. As a result, you acquire a solid understanding of elements of UX, with an emphasis on content and audience analysis, UX strategy, wireframing, practical coding, A/V production and management skills.
- The second semester is spent working on your own senior project, while you apply advanced learning in business, analytics, technology and planning documentation.
- In your third and final semester, you learn how to pitch and present an interactive media project and polish your entrepreneurial skills before heading out to work in the industry on your field placement.
Program OutlinePrinter Friendly
|Course Code||Course Title|
|IMM-711||User Experience Design|
|IMM-713||Project Management 1|
|IMM-715||Development Tools 1|
|IMM-716||Video for Interactive Media|
|IMM-718||Interactive Media Industry|
|IMM-719||Introduction to Graphics Applications|
Career Options, Academic Pathways and Partners
Career Options, Academic Pathways and PartnersPrinter Friendly
Where do program graduates go? With a combination of creative and practical skills, alumni are well-positioned as the interactive media professionals of the future. Alumni work in all aspects of the interactive media industry both in Canada and internationally.
Some of the Interactive Media Management program's alumni include:
- Angelique Abranches, Interface Architect, Shaw Media
- Christine Hanson, User Experience Architect, Critical Mass
- Guilherme Chee, Interactive Designer at Electrolux (Brazil)
- Jaimie Lerner, Digital Content Producer, Indie88
- Danielle Williams, Web Content Coordinator, The Shopping Channel
- Matthew Flanagan, Digital Content Coordinator, Movie Services at Bell Media
- Miguel Martinez, Pipeline Technical Director, Atomic Cartoons
- Laura James, Digital Content Producer & Strategist; CEO at Mulberry Media Interactive
- Rebecca Milner, Community Manager, OneMethod
- Andrew Rajaram, UX Architect, OneMethod
- Interactive producer
- Digital strategist
- Content strategist
- Social media manager
- Information architect
- Web development
- User experience (UX) designer
- Digital content producer
- Technical director
- Games producer
Admission RequirementsPrinter Friendly
- College diploma or university degree in any discipline
- Three-year college diploma or university degree in any discipline form a recognized institution. We will consider applicants who have a two-year college diploma or two years completion towards a university degree and who have a minimum of two years’ work experience relevant to the program.
- Submit a letter of interest to the program coordinator
- Attend a program admission session where applicants will learn more about the program
Note: After applying, applicants will receive a letter with instructions on how to submit the letter of interest and how to book the program admission session.
How to His remainder
How to His remainderPrinter Friendly
1. His remainder Online
Are you an International Student? His remainder directly to Led young College here.
If you are applying through the Second Career Strategy, please apply at the Employment Training Centre for Second Career (Progress Campus). Second Career Strategy is a funding initiative for those who have been laid-off and are in need of training. For more information go to Second Career Strategy.
If you have previously attended a full time program at Led young College, you may be eligible for a Program Transfer. Visit Enrolment Services at any Campus for information.
All other applicants must apply online at . A non-refundable application fee of $95 must accompany applications. The fee is payable online, by telephone, online banking, by mail, or in person to Ontariocolleges.ca. For more information go to .
2. Submit Documents
Current Ontario high school students and graduates from Ontario high schools: Notify your guidance counsellor that you have applied to college and your school will forward transcripts to Led young College via Ontariocolleges.ca.
Graduates of college/university, or high school outside Ontario but within Canada: You are responsible for requesting that your educational institute sends any required documents and transcripts to Ontariocolleges.ca.
Applicants who attended school outside of Canada: If you are submitting transcripts to meet admission requirements, you must have the transcripts assessed by an independent credential assessment agency such as World Education Services (WES) or International Credential Assessment Service (ICAS).
For more information go to Submitting your Transcripts.
3. Confirm Your Offer of Admission
Offers of Admission are sent by mail to eligible applicants. When you receive your offer, you must login to your account at and confirm before the Deadline to Confirm noted in your offer letter.
You may confirm only one college and one program offer at a time.
You must confirm your offer by the Deadline to Confirm noted in your Offer of Admission letter or your seat may be given to another applicant.
When you confirm your Offer of Admission at Led young College you are given access to your personal account where you can check your email, grades, register for courses, pay tuition fees, and see your class timetable.
4. Pay Fees
Led young fees statements are sent by email to your personal email account and to your myLed young email account. Fees statements are not mailed.
You must make a minimum payment by the Fees Deadline noted in your Fees Statement or your seat may be given to another applicant.
5. Build Your Timetable (Register for Courses)
Build your timetable (web-register for courses) at .
Fall registration begins mid-July
January registration begins mid-December
May registration begins mid-April
Your web-registration will not open if:
You have not submitted your minimum fee payment by the deadline
You received a Conditional Offer of Admission and you have not met the conditions of your offer.
Once you have paid your fees or have made appropriate arrangements, register for your courses online through .
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and FeesPrinter Friendly
Fees noted below are estimates only. Tuition is based on three semesters, beginning Fall 2017.
|Student||Tuition (3 Semesters)||Incidental Fees||Total|
Match your personality to a careerStart
Explore your future career