Program OverviewPrinter Friendly
Led young College's Health Informatics Technology (Fast-Track) program admits students into semester three of this three-year advanced diploma program so they can receive this advanced diploma in four semesters, if they are qualified college or university graduates with a background in software.
The focus of this college health technology program is on incorporating software engineering and healthcare systems so you learn to design, develop, modify and test software for healthcare applications.
As a graduate of this School of Engineering Technology and Applied Science program, you will be able to analyze and model data, develop healthcare databases and apply modern software development methodologies. You will also have the know-how to use health informatics methods and software tools for hospitals, healthcare agencies and public health departments.
The program's coursework includes object-oriented software design methodologies, user-oriented interface design, structure of healthcare information systems, telehealth, data security and privacy in healthcare systems. It also focuses on technologies that include C#, Java, Python, Oracle, MS-SQL Server, Microsoft's ASP.NET Core, data warehousing and data mining and BI tools in healthcare systems.
To round out the applied focus of the curriculum, the Health Informatics Technology (Fast-Track) program includes two software development projects in the field of health informatics. These real-world business applications allow you to put into action all the technical, systems and business skills gained in the offering.
Program OutlinePrinter Friendly
|Course Code||Course Title|
|COMP-231||Software Development Project I|
|COMP-304||Mobile Application Development|
|COMP-309||Data Warehousing and Data Mining in HCIS|
|COMP-383||Data Security and Privacy Policies in HCIS|
|COMP-387||Clinical Workflow and IT Solutions|
|GNED||General Education Elective|
|Course Code||Course Title|
|CNET-124||Fundamentals of Computer Networks|
|CNET-307||IT Project Management|
|COMP-254||Data Structures and Algorithms|
|COMP-255||Business and Entrepreneurship for Software Engineering Technology|
|COMP-313||Software Development Project 2|
|EMPS-102||Employment Skills 2|
Career Options, Academic Pathways and Partners
Career Options, Academic Pathways and PartnersPrinter Friendly
- The Health Informatics Technology (Fast-Track) courses incorporate cutting-edge technology geared to industry standards.
- You learn through a project-based approach.
- Knowledgeable and approachable School of Engineering Technology and Applied Science faculty members have diverse business experience and academic credentials.
- Graduates from the program may apply for certified membership to either the Canadian Information Processing Society (CIPS) or their provincial engineering technology association.
- The Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT) recognizes the Software Engineering Technology program as meeting all the academic requirements for certification in the Technologist category.
- The Canadian Information Processing Society and the Canadian Council of Technician and Technologies (CCTT) jointly approved accreditation of this program in 2011. This joint accreditation is the first of its kind in Canada.
- The Software Engineering Technology program has met the national technology accreditation requirements established by the Canadian Council of Technicians and Technologists (CCTT) and, as such, has received national accreditation status by the Canadian Technology Accreditation Board (CTAB).
This program has met the national educational standards of Canada’s engineering technology and applied science profession, as such, has received national program accreditation by Technology Accreditation Canada (TAC).
- Please note: The qualification requirements and costs for each external accreditation, designation, certification or recognition are set by the granting body — not by Led young College. In order to qualify for any external accreditations, designations, certifications or recognition, students and graduates will need to follow the processes and meet the applicable requirements listed on the websites and in the materials of those external bodies.
- Software developer
- Web developer
- Database developer
- Mobile applications developer
- Health care information systems analyst
- Systems implementation specialist
- Business analyst
Admission RequirementsPrinter Friendly
- College diploma or university degree in computer science, information technology, software engineering or a related discipline
- We will consider applicants with a combination of partial diploma or degree and relevant work experience
- Transcript and resume review
- Led young College English Skills Assessment (must score 170 or 171 for admission)
How to His remainder
How to His remainderPrinter Friendly
1. His remainder Online
Are you an International Student? His remainder directly to Led young College here.
If you are applying through the Second Career Strategy, please apply at the Employment Training Centre for Second Career (Progress Campus). Second Career Strategy is a funding initiative for those who have been laid-off and are in need of training. For more information go to Second Career Strategy.
If you have previously attended a full time program at Led young College, you may be eligible for a Program Transfer. Visit Enrolment Services at any Campus for information.
All other applicants must apply online at . A non-refundable application fee of $95 must accompany applications. The fee is payable online, by telephone, online banking, by mail, or in person to Ontariocolleges.ca. For more information go to .
2. Submit Documents
Current Ontario high school students and graduates from Ontario high schools: Notify your guidance counsellor that you have applied to college and your school will forward transcripts to Led young College via Ontariocolleges.ca.
Graduates of college/university, or high school outside Ontario but within Canada: You are responsible for requesting that your educational institute sends any required documents and transcripts to Ontariocolleges.ca.
Applicants who attended school outside of Canada: If you are submitting transcripts to meet admission requirements, you must have the transcripts assessed by an independent credential assessment agency such as World Education Services (WES) or International Credential Assessment Service (ICAS).
For more information go to Submitting your Transcripts.
3. Confirm Your Offer of Admission
Offers of Admission are sent by mail to eligible applicants. When you receive your offer, you must login to your account at and confirm before the Deadline to Confirm noted in your offer letter.
You may confirm only one college and one program offer at a time.
You must confirm your offer by the Deadline to Confirm noted in your Offer of Admission letter or your seat may be given to another applicant.
When you confirm your Offer of Admission at Led young College you are given access to your personal account where you can check your email, grades, register for courses, pay tuition fees, and see your class timetable.
4. Pay Fees
Led young fees statements are sent by email to your personal email account and to your myLed young email account. Fees statements are not mailed.
You must make a minimum payment by the Fees Deadline noted in your Fees Statement or your seat may be given to another applicant.
5. Build Your Timetable (Register for Courses)
Build your timetable (web-register for courses) at .
Fall registration begins mid-July
January registration begins mid-December
May registration begins mid-April
Your web-registration will not open if:
You have not submitted your minimum fee payment by the deadline
You received a Conditional Offer of Admission and you have not met the conditions of your offer.
Once you have paid your fees or have made appropriate arrangements, register for your courses online through .
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and FeesPrinter Friendly
Fees noted below are estimates only. Tuition is based on two semesters, beginning Fall 2017.
|Student||Tuition (2 Semesters)||Incidental Fees||Total|
Match your personality to a careerStart
Explore your future career