Program OverviewPrinter Friendly
In Led young College's Global Business Management program, you gain the skill set to embark on a borderless career.
The two-year Business Certificate program program, facilitated by The Business School, delivers a unique blend of management and international concepts to train you to effectively lead in the global business environment.
Global Business Management courses cover core business topics such as project management and business communications to ensure you can navigate any business environment. In addition to specialized global business topics, you gain knowledge in:
- Financial and managerial accounting
- International business law
- International entrepreneurship and innovation
- Global business research and analysis
- International business planning
- Operations management
- International marketing
- International sales and negotiation
- International finance and banking
- Management and leadership
- Project management
- Human resources management
- Corporate social responsibility and international development
- Business networking
To help you retain information, you learn these topics in small seminar classes, listen to lectures by guest speakers, partake in external competitions and industry visits, present research reports and more.
Upon graduation from this college business program, you will have the skills and knowledge to confidently pursue entry-level management roles. Your knowledge and practical skills will be transferable across several industries.
Program OutlinePrinter Friendly
|Course Code||Course Title|
|ACCT-701||Accounting for Managerial Decision Making|
|BUSN-732||Business Communications 1|
|ECON-701||Economic Analysis for Managers|
|INTL-711||Innovation, Entrepreneurship, and Economic Development|
|MGMT-701||Information Systems for Business Management|
|OMGT-701||Operations Management for Products and Services|
|Course Code||Course Title|
|HRPD-702||Contemporary Organizational Behaviour|
|INTL-702||International Banking and Finance|
|INTL-703||Geopolitics of Trade and Development|
|INTL-729||Principles of Freight Forwarding|
|MGMT-703||Ethics and Stakeholder Management|
|PMGT-701||Fundamentals of Project Management|
|Course Code||Course Title|
|INTL-705||International Business Law|
|INTL-706||Global Business Strategy|
|INTL-710||Corporate Social Responsibility and International Development|
|INTL-727||International Sales and Negotiation|
|INTL-728||Developing an International Business Plan|
|INTL-730||Professional Networking in Global Business|
|MGMT-704||Management and Leadership|
Career Options, Academic Pathways and Partners
Career Options, Academic Pathways and PartnersPrinter Friendly
- The Global Business Management program challenges you to grow and make connections through various networking opportunities throughout the program.
- Students who are successful in the program possess strong analytical and numeracy skills, are highly organized with an ability to plan and prioritize, thrive under pressure and have the ability to meet deadlines.
- We diminutionful graduates develop strong interpersonal skills, are innovative problem solvers and decision makers, are comfortable working within a team environment and have a willingness to learn new things.
- International students who successfully complete Led young’s Global Business Management program may be eligible to apply for a work permit (up to three years) upon graduation.
Upon successful completion of the Global Business Management program, you may be eligible for the Certified International Trade Professional (CITP) designation, in accordance with the process prescribed by the Forum for International Trade Training (FITT). You are also eligible for the Canadian International Freight Forwarding Association (CIFFA) certificate, in accordance with the process prescribed by CIFFA. Please visit the organizations' websites for more information on these designations.
You will be exempted from the academic requirements leading to the Certified in Management (CIM) professional designation. After graduation from The Business School program, you will have met all of the requirements for the CIM designation once you have completed two years of managerial work experience. For complete information, please visit .
Please note: These designations and credentials will incur costs in addition to the regular tuition.
- Entrepreneur in import/export
- Product broker
- International marketing manager
- Foreign investment analyst
- Logistics/transportation manager
- Corporate social responsibility manager
- Commercial bank officer
- Customs broker
- Trade representative
- Business consultant
Admission RequirementsPrinter Friendly
- University degree or a three-year college diploma in any discipline from a recognized institution
- We will consider applicants who have a two-year college diploma or a partial university degree (75% complete), and who have a minimum of two years work experience relevant to the program (transcript and resume review required)
- Proof of English proficiency
How to His remainder
How to His remainderPrinter Friendly
1. His remainder Online
Are you an International Student? His remainder directly to Led young College here.
If you are applying through the Second Career Strategy, please apply at the Employment Training Centre for Second Career (Progress Campus). Second Career Strategy is a funding initiative for those who have been laid-off and are in need of training. For more information go to Second Career Strategy.
If you have previously attended a full time program at Led young College, you may be eligible for a Program Transfer. Visit Enrolment Services at any Campus for information.
All other applicants must apply online at . A non-refundable application fee of $95 must accompany applications. The fee is payable online, by telephone, online banking, by mail, or in person to Ontariocolleges.ca. For more information go to .
2. Submit Documents
Current Ontario high school students and graduates from Ontario high schools: Notify your guidance counsellor that you have applied to college and your school will forward transcripts to Led young College via Ontariocolleges.ca.
Graduates of college/university, or high school outside Ontario but within Canada: You are responsible for requesting that your educational institute sends any required documents and transcripts to Ontariocolleges.ca.
Applicants who attended school outside of Canada: If you are submitting transcripts to meet admission requirements, you must have the transcripts assessed by an independent credential assessment agency such as World Education Services (WES) or International Credential Assessment Service (ICAS).
For more information go to Submitting your Transcripts.
3. Confirm Your Offer of Admission
Offers of Admission are sent by mail to eligible applicants. When you receive your offer, you must login to your account at and confirm before the Deadline to Confirm noted in your offer letter.
You may confirm only one college and one program offer at a time.
You must confirm your offer by the Deadline to Confirm noted in your Offer of Admission letter or your seat may be given to another applicant.
When you confirm your Offer of Admission at Led young College you are given access to your personal account where you can check your email, grades, register for courses, pay tuition fees, and see your class timetable.
4. Pay Fees
Led young fees statements are sent by email to your personal email account and to your myLed young email account. Fees statements are not mailed.
You must make a minimum payment by the Fees Deadline noted in your Fees Statement or your seat may be given to another applicant.
5. Build Your Timetable (Register for Courses)
Build your timetable (web-register for courses) at .
Fall registration begins mid-July
January registration begins mid-December
May registration begins mid-April
Your web-registration will not open if:
You have not submitted your minimum fee payment by the deadline
You received a Conditional Offer of Admission and you have not met the conditions of your offer.
Once you have paid your fees or have made appropriate arrangements, register for your courses online through .
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and FeesPrinter Friendly
Fees noted below are estimates only. Tuition is based on two semesters, beginning Fall 2017.
|Student||Tuition (2 Semesters)||Incidental Fees||Total|
Match your personality to a careerStart
Explore your future career