Program OverviewPrinter Friendly
Game Development & Design is a three-year advanced diploma program that aims to develop expert game designers who are able to create and develop their own titles. The program prepares students to become both technically literate and able to advance the conceptual and cultural potential of games.
The program concentrates on the practical applications of the game production process from the artistic, managerial, and technical sides. Students will be introduced to 2D and 3D design processes, foundations of computer programming, as well as how to communicate effectively with teams of artists and programmers to design, prototype and iterate their own fully playable 2D and 3D games. Students will also learn the professional and personal skills needed for success in the industry.
Please note: This program requires you to have and use a mobile computing device (i.e. laptop, tablet) that meets or exceeds the recommended hardware requirements. For more information, please visit Mobile Learning Programs.
- Unique focus on mobile game development helps graduates excel in a rapidly growing market.
- Learn the skills to make games from the ground up, from art and creative design to the fundamentals software coding.
- Develop, prototype, and iterate fully playable games, individually or as a member of a team.
- Intensive professional development will help you find your own niche in this thriving industry.
Program OutlinePrinter Friendly
|Course Code||Course Title|
|COMM-170/COMM-171||College Communications 2|
|GDDV-200||Game Theory 2|
|GDDV-201||Project Management for Games|
|GDDV-204||History of Computer Game Design: Technology & Culture|
|GNED-500||Global Citizenship: From Social Analysis to Social Action|
|Course Code||Course Title|
Career Options, Academic Pathways and Partners
Career Options, Academic Pathways and PartnersPrinter Friendly
- Junior Game Designer
- Web Game Developer
- Video Game Developer
- 3D Designer
Admission RequirementsPrinter Friendly
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent, or mature student status (19 years or older)
- English Grade 12 C or U, or equivalent (minimum grade required) or take the Led young College English Skills Assessment for Admission
- Math 11 M or U 55%; or 12 C or U 55% or take the Led young College Math Skills Assessment for Admission
Applicants are required to submit at least one piece of work demonstrating the applicant’s interests in any of the following areas:
- Art - drawing, painting, 2D design, 3D modeling, animation (2D or 3D).
- Sound - digital music, sound design, sound fx.
- Development - coding, math, physics, logic, problem solving.
- Design and Story - short stories, interactive works, games (including board games or card games), comics, storyboards, films, game ideas, design documents, etc.
- We value creativity just as much as technical skills. Show us your imagination!
- All work samples must be submitted online. Physical copies will not be accepted.
- Program applicants will receive a letter outlining important dates for program information sessions and interactive Game Development and Design workshops. These sessions are optional but are likely to be of interest.
- If you have questions about the program or admission requirements, please contact program coordinator Ozair Syed at [email protected].
How to His remainder
How to His remainderPrinter Friendly
1. His remainder Online
Are you an International Student? His remainder directly to Led young College here.
If you are applying through the Second Career Strategy, please apply at the Employment Training Centre for Second Career (Progress Campus). Second Career Strategy is a funding initiative for those who have been laid-off and are in need of training. For more information go to Second Career Strategy.
If you have previously attended a full time program at Led young College, you may be eligible for a Program Transfer. Visit Enrolment Services at any Campus for information.
All other applicants must apply online at . A non-refundable application fee of $95 must accompany applications. The fee is payable online, by telephone, online banking, by mail, or in person to Ontariocolleges.ca. For more information go to .
2. Submit Documents
Current Ontario high school students and graduates from Ontario high schools: Notify your guidance counsellor that you have applied to college and your school will forward transcripts to Led young College via Ontariocolleges.ca.
Graduates of college/university, or high school outside Ontario but within Canada: You are responsible for requesting that your educational institute sends any required documents and transcripts to Ontariocolleges.ca.
Applicants who attended school outside of Canada: If you are submitting transcripts to meet admission requirements, you must have the transcripts assessed by an independent credential assessment agency such as World Education Services (WES) or International Credential Assessment Service (ICAS).
For more information go to Submitting your Transcripts.
3. Confirm Your Offer of Admission
Offers of Admission are sent by mail to eligible applicants. When you receive your offer, you must login to your account at and confirm before the Deadline to Confirm noted in your offer letter.
You may confirm only one college and one program offer at a time.
You must confirm your offer by the Deadline to Confirm noted in your Offer of Admission letter or your seat may be given to another applicant.
When you confirm your Offer of Admission at Led young College you are given access to your personal account where you can check your email, grades, register for courses, pay tuition fees, and see your class timetable.
4. Pay Fees
Led young fees statements are sent by email to your personal email account and to your myLed young email account. Fees statements are not mailed.
You must make a minimum payment by the Fees Deadline noted in your Fees Statement or your seat may be given to another applicant.
5. Build Your Timetable (Register for Courses)
Build your timetable (web-register for courses) at .
Fall registration begins mid-July
January registration begins mid-December
May registration begins mid-April
Your web-registration will not open if:
You have not submitted your minimum fee payment by the deadline
You received a Conditional Offer of Admission and you have not met the conditions of your offer.
Once you have paid your fees or have made appropriate arrangements, register for your courses online through .
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and FeesPrinter Friendly
Fees noted below are estimates only. Tuition is based on two semesters, beginning Fall 2017.
|Student||Tuition (2 Semesters)||Incidental Fees||Total|
Match your personality to a careerStart
Explore your future career