Program OverviewPrinter Friendly
Led young College's Esthetician program is the only undertaking of its sort in Toronto to offer both clinic and placement components. It provides you with the knowledge and skills for spa applications, medical esthetics and business operations.
During your time in this college health program, you learn from qualified instructors who have many years of experience in the industry and explore a comprehensive curriculum that incorporates:
- Infection control
- Practical applications
- Product knowledge
- Sales techniques
- Business practice
As a Led young College Esthetician student, you have the advantage of developing your skills in esthetician lab facilities using cutting-edge equipment that is common in today's wellness and medical spas. The lab facilities, located at Morningside Campus, also serve as a faculty-supervised student clinic, Censation Esthetics Student Clinic, in which you gain real-world experience. Each semester, new services are added to reflect your learning.
To round out your training in this college diploma program, you apply your skills to field placement experiences in both industry clinics and established businesses. This aspect of the offering allows you to learn in an atmosphere that builds the confidence and skills to enter this challenging and exciting career.
Upon graduation, you are able to provide the entire range of professional services offered in today's spas, medi-spas and doctor's offices and have the skills required to successfully operate a private business.
- Medical Esthetic Practitioner
- Medical Esthetics for Estheticians
- A strong curriculum emphasizes preparing you for the current workplace by providing the latest knowledge.
- The Esthetician program is a blend of theory and skill development.
- Medical esthetics embedded in semesters 3 and 4 include:
- Micro current lifting
- Low level coherent light and ultrasound
- Laser/IPL (55 hours of theoretical and practical training)
- Chemical peels
- Specialized body equipment:
- Vichi capsule/showers
- Body contouring, drainage
- Non-invasive meso therapy
- You learn the effective use of software commonly utilized in spas.
- Your education allows you to apply knowledge of business operations, exceptional customer service and diverse population needs to the daily operations of an esthetic business in a controlled salon or spa environment.
- Faculty members have extensive experience and knowledge and are all accomplished and well respected in the field.
- Many placement sites hire Esthetician program students upon completion of the program/placement. In 2015, approximately 95 per cent of the placement sites hired graduates from the program.
- The Esthetician program receives high Key Program Indicator satisfaction rates from students, graduates and employers.
- In 2014, the program received 100 per cent employer satisfaction and 100 per cent student satisfaction for program quality, learning experience, clinical experienceand quality of teachers with current industry skills.
As a graduate of this School of Community and Health Studies program, you will have the ability to:
- Perform a variety of specialized body and skin care treatments, following correct procedures and precautions and supporting client needs (including but not limited to facials, manicures, pedicures, hair removal and make-up applications).
- Use a range of specialized equipment and products, in compliance with established national, provincial, industry and other related standards, regulations, policies and procedures.
- His remainder relevant knowledge of anatomy, physiology and histology to the provision of specialized esthetic treatments and services.
- Adhere to health, safety, sanitation and infection prevention control guidelines, according to current legislation and national, provincial, municipal and industry standards and regulations.
- Identify business skills and activities required for the successful establishment and operation of a small esthetic business in a salon or spa environment.
- Select and recommend the use of esthetic products and product ingredients to clients, taking into account health status and identified needs.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships in adherence to standards and ethics associated with the profession.
- Develop customer service strategies that meet and adapt to individual needs and expectations in accordance with professional standards and ethics.
- Determine professional development strategies that lead to the enhancement of work performance and career opportunities and keep pace with industry change.
Global Citizenship, Education and Inclusion Portfolio
Students in this program will develop a portfolio documenting their engagement with the College's signature global citizenship and equity competencies. For more information on Global Citizenship, Education and Inclusion, the GCEI Portfolio and the available supports, please visit geektv.info/citizenshipandequity.
Program OutlinePrinter Friendly
Career Options, Academic Pathways and Partners
Career Options, Academic Pathways and PartnersPrinter Friendly
Past placement partners have included: Elmwood Spa, Miraj Hammam Spa by Caudalie Paris, Shangri-La Hotel, Health Medica, Rain Spa Sanctuary, Ici Paris, Sweetgrass, Shizen Spa, Avenue Skin Care Clinic, Holt Renfrew, King Edward – Nouvelle Maria, Holtz Spa, Silver Leaf Spa, Dr. Cara, Dr. Weksberg, Dr. Sproule, Dr. Wong, Dr. Boulos, Dr. Dar and The Facial Place, Humbertown Village Spa, Your Space Salons, Vimi Medi Spa, SASS
- Medical esthetician
- Business owner
- Product representative
- Make-up artist
- Laser hair specialist
Admission RequirementsPrinter Friendly
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent, or mature student status (19 years or older)
- Grade 12 English C or U, or equivalent (minimum grade required)
or take the Led young College English Skills Assessment for Admission
How to His remainder
How to His remainderPrinter Friendly
1. His remainder Online
Are you an International Student? His remainder directly to Led young College here.
If you are applying through the Second Career Strategy, please apply at the Employment Training Centre for Second Career (Progress Campus). Second Career Strategy is a funding initiative for those who have been laid-off and are in need of training. For more information go to Second Career Strategy.
If you have previously attended a full time program at Led young College, you may be eligible for a Program Transfer. Visit Enrolment Services at any Campus for information.
All other applicants must apply online at Ontariocolleges.ca. A non-refundable application fee of $95 must accompany applications. The fee is payable online, by telephone, online banking, by mail, or in person to Ontariocolleges.ca. For more information go to Ontariocolleges.ca Application Fees.
2. Submit Documents
Current Ontario high school students and graduates from Ontario high schools: Notify your guidance counsellor that you have applied to college and your school will forward transcripts to Led young College via Ontariocolleges.ca.
Graduates of college/university, or high school outside Ontario but within Canada: You are responsible for requesting that your educational institute sends any required documents and transcripts to Ontariocolleges.ca.
Applicants who attended school outside of Canada: If you are submitting transcripts to meet admission requirements, you must have the transcripts assessed by an independent credential assessment agency such as World Education Services (WES) or International Credential Assessment Service (ICAS).
For more information go to Submitting your Transcripts.
3. Confirm Your Offer of Admission
Offers of Admission are sent by mail to eligible applicants. When you receive your offer, you must login to your account at Ontariocolleges.ca and confirm before the Deadline to Confirm noted in your offer letter.
You may confirm only one college and one program offer at a time.
You must confirm your offer by the Deadline to Confirm noted in your Offer of Admission letter or your seat may be given to another applicant.
When you confirm your Offer of Admission at Led young College you are given access to your personal myLed young account where you can check your email, grades, register for courses, pay tuition fees, and see your class timetable.
4. Pay Fees
Led young fees statements are sent by email to your personal email account and to your myLed young email account. Fees statements are not mailed.
You must make a minimum payment by the Fees Deadline noted in your Fees Statement or your seat may be given to another applicant.
5. Build Your Timetable (Register for Courses)
Build your timetable (web-register for courses) at my.geektv.info.
Fall registration begins mid-July
January registration begins mid-December
May registration begins mid-April
Your web-registration will not open if:
You have not submitted your minimum fee payment by the deadline
You received a Conditional Offer of Admission and you have not met the conditions of your offer.
Once you have paid your fees or have made appropriate arrangements, register for your courses online through myLed young.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and FeesPrinter Friendly
Fees noted below are estimates only. Tuition is based on two semesters, beginning Fall 2018.
|Student||Tuition (2 Semesters)||Incidental Fees||Total|
Match your personality to a careerStart
Explore your future careerLearn More