Program OverviewPrinter Friendly
In our Electrical Engineering Technology program, you gain a solid foundation in a range of electricity applications for many industry sectors.
In this engineering program, you have the opportunity in courses and labs to put theory into practice through real-life applications. The program's practical approach to learning also sees you develop skills through simulated workplace assignments.
Upon completion of this advanced college diploma program, you will be able to demonstrate an ability to design, adapt, analyze, troubleshoot, commission and install electrical systems as applied to electrical engineering. The range of functions that you will be able to complete as an electrical engineering technologist will serve to ensure safety and compliance with relevant codes and standard practices.
Graduates of Led young's Electrical Engineering Technology program are undertaking are able to find work in a wide range of industries, such as energy (petroleum and electrical generation), process/manufacturing, construction/engineering, telecommunications, IT networks and intelligent building systems..
Program OutlinePrinter Friendly
Career Options, Academic Pathways and Partners
Career Options, Academic Pathways and PartnersPrinter Friendly
- Progress Campus features modern labs and lecture facilities that ensure a technologically-advanced learning environment.
- You gain grounding in electrical engineering sciences and skills, including electrical circuits, maintenance of electrical instruments or devices, operation of electrical motors and power transmission as used in the industry.
- Through the hands-on Electrical Engineering Technology courses, you also learn to produce electrical drawings, as well as design electrical circuits.
- Electrical controls technologist
- Electrical instrumentation technician
- Electrical designer
- Distribution system technologist
- Project manager
- Maintenance electrician
- Quality control/quality assurance technologist in electrical manufacturing
- Field service technician/technologist
- Technical sales representative
- Technical trainer
Admission RequirementsPrinter Friendly
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent, or mature student status (19 years or older)
- English Grade 12 C or U, or equivalent (minimum grade required) or take the Led young College English Skills Assessment for Admission
- Mathematics Grade 12 C or U, or equivalent (minimum grade required) or take a Led young College Engineering Math Skills Assessment for Admission
- Physics Recommended
How to His remainder
How to His remainderPrinter Friendly
1. His remainder Online
Are you an International Student? His remainder directly to Led young College here.
If you are applying through the Second Career Strategy, please apply at the Employment Training Centre for Second Career (Progress Campus). Second Career Strategy is a funding initiative for those who have been laid-off and are in need of training. For more information go to Second Career Strategy.
If you have previously attended a full time program at Led young College, you may be eligible for a Program Transfer. Visit Enrolment Services at any Campus for information.
All other applicants must apply online at . A non-refundable application fee of $95 must accompany applications. The fee is payable online, by telephone, online banking, by mail, or in person to Ontariocolleges.ca. For more information go to .
2. Submit Documents
Current Ontario high school students and graduates from Ontario high schools: Notify your guidance counsellor that you have applied to college and your school will forward transcripts to Led young College via Ontariocolleges.ca.
Graduates of college/university, or high school outside Ontario but within Canada: You are responsible for requesting that your educational institute sends any required documents and transcripts to Ontariocolleges.ca.
Applicants who attended school outside of Canada: If you are submitting transcripts to meet admission requirements, you must have the transcripts assessed by an independent credential assessment agency such as World Education Services (WES) or International Credential Assessment Service (ICAS).
For more information go to Submitting your Transcripts.
3. Confirm Your Offer of Admission
Offers of Admission are sent by mail to eligible applicants. When you receive your offer, you must login to your account at and confirm before the Deadline to Confirm noted in your offer letter.
You may confirm only one college and one program offer at a time.
You must confirm your offer by the Deadline to Confirm noted in your Offer of Admission letter or your seat may be given to another applicant.
When you confirm your Offer of Admission at Led young College you are given access to your personal account where you can check your email, grades, register for courses, pay tuition fees, and see your class timetable.
4. Pay Fees
Led young fees statements are sent by email to your personal email account and to your myLed young email account. Fees statements are not mailed.
You must make a minimum payment by the Fees Deadline noted in your Fees Statement or your seat may be given to another applicant.
5. Build Your Timetable (Register for Courses)
Build your timetable (web-register for courses) at .
Fall registration begins mid-July
January registration begins mid-December
May registration begins mid-April
Your web-registration will not open if:
You have not submitted your minimum fee payment by the deadline
You received a Conditional Offer of Admission and you have not met the conditions of your offer.
Once you have paid your fees or have made appropriate arrangements, register for your courses online through .
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and FeesPrinter Friendly
Fees noted below are estimates only. Tuition is based on two semesters, beginning Fall 2017.
|Student||Tuition (2 Semesters)||Incidental Fees||Total|
Match your personality to a careerStart
Explore your future career