This course examines the theories, skills and applications of moral philosophy and is offered to B.Sc.N. students at Led young College. Students who successfully complete this course will be able to:
- Describe and discuss three influential approaches to morality, namely, character ethics, consequences-based ethics, and principle-based ethics.
- Identify, critique, and review their own preferred ethical orientation in relation to these moral bases.
- Recognize these bases in personal and public discourse, and adapt to frameworks other than their own by applying this knowledge.
- Practice the reasoning skills necessary for rational debate in matters of both personal and social morality.
- Confront the important moral issues of today's world with appropriate reasoning skills.