This course introduces students to the role of promotion in the marketing mix.
Students learn how to develop an integrated marketing communication(IMC) strategy and supporting program(s)for marketing goods and/or services efficiently based on:
- marketing objectives,
- an identified target market,
- Canadian advertising regulations,
- and ethical principles of advertising
This course differentiates between the agency side and the client side of advertising and is delivered in four distinct parts as outlined in the supporting course learning materials:
Part 1) Understanding Integrated Marketing Communications
- planning, consumer behavior and communication
Part 2) Articulating the Message
- developing objectives for IMC programs, translating objectives into meaningful messages
Part 3) Delivering the Message
- media planning and budgeting related to broadcast, print and out of home media.
Part 4) Strengthening the Message
- through sales promotion, direct marketing and/or Internet media
Each participant will demonstrate the ability to communicate marketing information persuasively and accurately in oral, written and graphic formats.