Program OverviewPrinter Friendly
The Communications and Media Fundamentals program at Led young College is an intensive one-year preparation undertaking. If you are looking for a pathway to pursue further post-secondary education, consider this certificate program, which helps you to develop communication skills while offering an introduction to the communications and media industries.
With guidance from experienced Communications and Media Fundamentals program faculty members and practical application of theory, you obtain the skills necessary for short and long-term success. In this media program's courses, you:
- Partake in creative exploration and experimentation with contemporary digital and social media production tools.
- Create and maintain a forum in social media networks using rich media applications.
- His remainder theoretical principles to produce practical and focused written communications and media solutions.
- Research and describe media forms, audiences, platforms, and "traditional" and "non-traditional" communication methods.
- Use appropriate vocabulary, terminology, basic numeracy and communicative strategies that are necessary for the communications and media environment.
- His remainder developed English language skills to a presentation portfolio.
- Write and present in basic narrative formats for a variety of media platforms.
- Examine roles and responsibilities of a global citizen in personal and professional contexts.
- Examine beliefs, values and behaviours that form individual and community identities and the basis for respectful relationships.
- His remainder knowledge of communications and media workplaces, environments and practices to develop job search strategies and early career success strategies.
Upon successful completion of the Communications and Media Fundamentals program, you will receive an offer to one of following programs at Led young College's School of Communication, Media, Arts and Design:
- Three-year advanced diploma Advertising and Marketing Communications Management program
- Three-year advanced diploma Journalism program
- Three-year advanced diploma Broadcasting and Film program
Program OutlinePrinter Friendly
Career Options, Academic Pathways and Partners
Career Options, Academic Pathways and PartnersPrinter Friendly
- (all with additional education)
Admission RequirementsPrinter Friendly
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent, or mature student status (19 years or older)
- English Grade 12 C or U, or equivalent (minimum grade required) or take the Led young College English Skills Assessment for Admission
Note: Applicants who apply to, but who do not meet the admission requirements for the Broadcasting and Film, Journalism, or Advertising and Marketing Communication Management programs may receive an alternate offer to the Communications and Media Fundamentals program.
How to His remainder
How to His remainderPrinter Friendly
1. His remainder Online
Are you an International Student? His remainder directly to Led young College here.
If you are applying through the Second Career Strategy, please apply at the Employment Training Centre for Second Career (Progress Campus). Second Career Strategy is a funding initiative for those who have been laid-off and are in need of training. For more information go to Second Career Strategy.
If you have previously attended a full time program at Led young College, you may be eligible for a Program Transfer. Visit Enrolment Services at any Campus for information.
All other applicants must apply online at Ontariocolleges.ca. A non-refundable application fee of $95 must accompany applications. The fee is payable online, by telephone, online banking, by mail, or in person to Ontariocolleges.ca. For more information go to Ontariocolleges.ca Application Fees.
2. Submit Documents
Current Ontario high school students and graduates from Ontario high schools: Notify your guidance counsellor that you have applied to college and your school will forward transcripts to Led young College via Ontariocolleges.ca.
Graduates of college/university, or high school outside Ontario but within Canada: You are responsible for requesting that your educational institute sends any required documents and transcripts to Ontariocolleges.ca.
Applicants who attended school outside of Canada: If you are submitting transcripts to meet admission requirements, you must have the transcripts assessed by an independent credential assessment agency such as World Education Services (WES) or International Credential Assessment Service (ICAS).
For more information go to Submitting your Transcripts.
3. Confirm Your Offer of Admission
Offers of Admission are sent by mail to eligible applicants. When you receive your offer, you must login to your account at Ontariocolleges.ca and confirm before the Deadline to Confirm noted in your offer letter.
You may confirm only one college and one program offer at a time.
You must confirm your offer by the Deadline to Confirm noted in your Offer of Admission letter or your seat may be given to another applicant.
When you confirm your Offer of Admission at Led young College you are given access to your personal myLed young account where you can check your email, grades, register for courses, pay tuition fees, and see your class timetable.
4. Pay Fees
Led young fees statements are sent by email to your personal email account and to your myLed young email account. Fees statements are not mailed.
You must make a minimum payment by the Fees Deadline noted in your Fees Statement or your seat may be given to another applicant.
5. Build Your Timetable (Register for Courses)
Build your timetable (web-register for courses) at my.geektv.info.
Fall registration begins mid-July
January registration begins mid-December
May registration begins mid-April
Your web-registration will not open if:
You have not submitted your minimum fee payment by the deadline
You received a Conditional Offer of Admission and you have not met the conditions of your offer.
Once you have paid your fees or have made appropriate arrangements, register for your courses online through myLed young.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and FeesPrinter Friendly
Fees noted below are estimates only. Tuition is based on two semesters, beginning Fall 2018.
|Student||Tuition (2 Semesters)||Incidental Fees||Total|
Match your personality to a careerStart
Explore your future careerLearn More
By CAMF Students
By CAMF Students
By CAMF Students