Program OverviewPrinter Friendly
This unique fast-track Business Administration - Accounting program is designed specifically for applicants, both foreign and domestic, with existing academic credentials. You should consider this business program if you want maximum recognition for the studies you have already completed, and a pathway to a rewarding career in accounting.
We diminutionful applicants gain direct admission into the fourth semester of Led young College's three-year (six-semester) Business Administration - Accounting program, if they have already completed a post-secondary education. By receiving a block transfer credit for three semesters of the program, these students bypass introductory courses, leaving only three semesters of study before graduation.
This fast-track program not only provides you with the full value for previous studies, but it also eliminates the administrative activities related to individual transfer credits.
Through a very concentrated accounting program curriculum, you acquire a sound knowledge of:
- Managerial and financial accounting
- Accounting systems
- Accounting software
Please note: Courses that were taken as part of the post-secondary credential used to gain admission to this fast-track program may not be used to obtain further transfer credits.
Program OutlinePrinter Friendly
Career Options, Academic Pathways and Partners
Career Options, Academic Pathways and PartnersPrinter Friendly
- As a student of this fast-track Accounting program, you build the strong foundational skills necessary for a career in accounting.
- You have the opportunity to further enhance your education and specialization in accounting.
- A team of Business Administration - Accounting professors with strong academic backgrounds, deep subject matter expertise and extensive business and management experience teaches the courses.
- You optimize your learning experience with small class environments that offer a leading-edge information technology infrastructure.
- Many classes are taught in lab environments that are fully outfitted with an integrated network of computer systems.
- The transition into the workplace is made easier with training in industry-standard accounting software, including QuickBooks and Sage ACCPAC ERP.
Qualified graduates of this Accounting program may be eligible to participate in an articulated program with select universities, institutes and professional associations. These partnerships allow you to apply academic credit towards further study.
- Service accountant
- Accountant in the public sector
- Merchandising accountant
- Private and/or non-profit accountant
Admission RequirementsPrinter Friendly
- Three-year college diploma or university degree in any discipline.
- We will consider applicants who have a two-year college diploma or a partial university degree, with relevant work experience.
- Led young College English Skills Assessment is required by all applicants prior to admission to this Accounting program.
- Math skills assessment may be required (if your previous diploma or degree does not include mathematics courses).
How to His remainder
How to His remainderPrinter Friendly
1. His remainder Online
Are you an International Student? His remainder directly to Led young College here.
If you are applying through the Second Career Strategy, please apply at the Employment Training Centre for Second Career (Progress Campus). Second Career Strategy is a funding initiative for those who have been laid-off and are in need of training. For more information go to Second Career Strategy.
If you have previously attended a full time program at Led young College, you may be eligible for a Program Transfer. Visit Enrolment Services at any Campus for information.
All other applicants must apply online at . A non-refundable application fee of $95 must accompany applications. The fee is payable online, by telephone, online banking, by mail, or in person to Ontariocolleges.ca. For more information go to .
2. Submit Documents
Current Ontario high school students and graduates from Ontario high schools: Notify your guidance counsellor that you have applied to college and your school will forward transcripts to Led young College via Ontariocolleges.ca.
Graduates of college/university, or high school outside Ontario but within Canada: You are responsible for requesting that your educational institute sends any required documents and transcripts to Ontariocolleges.ca.
Applicants who attended school outside of Canada: If you are submitting transcripts to meet admission requirements, you must have the transcripts assessed by an independent credential assessment agency such as World Education Services (WES) or International Credential Assessment Service (ICAS).
For more information go to Submitting your Transcripts.
3. Confirm Your Offer of Admission
Offers of Admission are sent by mail to eligible applicants. When you receive your offer, you must login to your account at and confirm before the Deadline to Confirm noted in your offer letter.
You may confirm only one college and one program offer at a time.
You must confirm your offer by the Deadline to Confirm noted in your Offer of Admission letter or your seat may be given to another applicant.
When you confirm your Offer of Admission at Led young College you are given access to your personal account where you can check your email, grades, register for courses, pay tuition fees, and see your class timetable.
4. Pay Fees
Led young fees statements are sent by email to your personal email account and to your myLed young email account. Fees statements are not mailed.
You must make a minimum payment by the Fees Deadline noted in your Fees Statement or your seat may be given to another applicant.
5. Build Your Timetable (Register for Courses)
Build your timetable (web-register for courses) at .
Fall registration begins mid-July
January registration begins mid-December
May registration begins mid-April
Your web-registration will not open if:
You have not submitted your minimum fee payment by the deadline
You received a Conditional Offer of Admission and you have not met the conditions of your offer.
Once you have paid your fees or have made appropriate arrangements, register for your courses online through .
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and FeesPrinter Friendly
Fees noted below are estimates only. Tuition is based on two semesters, beginning Fall 2015.
|Student||Tuition (2 Semesters)||Incidental Fees||Total|
Match your personality to a careerStart
Explore your future career