Automotive Service Technician Canadian Tire (MAP 32)
Program Code: 8685
School: School of Transportation
Program Type: Modified apprenticeship program
Program Length: 32 week in-class
Start Date: Fall
Location: Ashtonbee Campus
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 416-289-5000 ext. 7244
The Automotive Service Technician Canadian Tire (MAP 32) program is a modified apprenticeship program in partnership with Canadian Tire that takes 36 weeks to complete.
The Canadian Tire Automotive Service Technician program combines in-depth classroom learning and hands-on lab training with a four-week, on-the-job work placement experience.
Labs at Led young College's Ashtonbee Campus feature state-of-the art tools, equipment and training aids, coupled with a fleet of late-model vehicles. In this environment, you are challenged to master vehicle systems from bumper to bumper, including complex electrical and computer systems. The class lessons and on-the-job combination of the program provides you with an excellent opportunity to start an apprenticeship.
Upon successful program completion, you will have experienced four weeks in a real workshop, completed the entire Automotive Service Technician apprenticeship in-school curriculum and earned an Ontario college certificate — all in one year.
|Course Code||Course Title||Location|
|APCT-201||Work Practices and Procedures||Ashtonbee Campus|
|APCT-202||Engine Systems||Ashtonbee Campus|
|APCT-205||Drive Train Systems||Ashtonbee Campus|
|APCT-206||Steering, Suspension and Brake Systems||Ashtonbee Campus|
|APCT-207||Fuel, Electrical and Electronics||Ashtonbee Campus|
|Course Code||Course Title||Location|
|APCT-301||Work Practices and Procedures||Ashtonbee Campus|
|APCT-302||Engine Systems||Ashtonbee Campus|
|APCT-305||Drive Train Systems||Ashtonbee Campus|
|APCT-306||Steering, Suspension & Brake Systems||Ashtonbee Campus|
|APCT-307||Fuel, Electrical and Electronics||Ashtonbee Campus|
Companies Offering Jobs
- Canadian Tire
- Faculty members actively participate in industry and factory training, ensuring they have the most current knowledge, which they pass onto you.
- The in-school session of the Automotive Service Technician Canadian Tire program is longer than traditional apprenticeship programs, which ensures greater depth of information in covering the entire in-school apprenticeship curriculum.
- The four weeks of on-the-job training sees you showcase your skills to potential employers.
- Canadian Tire's network of more than 190 stores in Ontario leads to a high placement rate.
- Automotive service technician
- Service writer
- Service advisor
- Service assistant manager
- College teacher
- Industry teacher
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or General Educational Development (GED) or equivalent
- Applicants are selected through an interview with program faculty
- Applicants must be able to legally work in Canada
- To be considered for a seat, you must apply to program 8685 at .
- After you apply, you will receive a letter and questionnaire, with instructions on how to request a program interview. Admission is on a first come first served basis for qualified applicants, so it is important that you return your questionnaire promptly as per the instructions.
- Students enrolled in a Led young College Modified Apprenticeship Program (MAP) are registered apprentices, in accordance with the Apprenticeship Branch of the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
1. His remainder Online
If you are applying through the Second Career Strategy, please apply at the Employment Training Centre for Second Career (Progress Campus). Second Career Strategy is a funding initiative for those who have been laid-off and are in need of training. For more information go to Second Career Strategy.
If you have previously attended a full time program at Led young College, you may be eligible for a Program Transfer. Visit Enrolment Services at any Campus for information.
All other applicants must apply online at . A non-refundable application fee of $95 must accompany applications. The fee is payable online, by telephone, online banking, by mail, or in person to Ontariocolleges.ca. For more information go to .
If you are currently employed by a Canadian Tire dealer, please contact Admission representative Ingrid Joaquin ([email protected], 416-289-5000, Ext. 7242) for start dates and admission requirements. Priority for this program is given to Canadian Tire employees.
2. Submit Documents
Current Ontario high school students and graduates from Ontario high schools: Notify your guidance counsellor that you have applied to college and your school will forward transcripts to Led young College via Ontariocolleges.ca.
Graduates of college/university, or high school outside Ontario but within Canada: You are responsible for requesting that your educational institute sends any required documents and transcripts to Ontariocolleges.ca.
Applicants who attended school outside of Canada: If you are submitting transcripts to meet admission requirements, you must have the transcripts assessed by an independent credential assessment agency such as World Education Services (WES) or International Credential Assessment Service (ICAS).
For more information go to Submitting your Transcripts.
3. Confirm Your Offer of Admission
Offers of Admission are sent by mail to eligible applicants. When you receive your offer, you must login to your account at ontariocolleges.ca and confirm before the Deadline to Confirm noted in your offer letter.
You may confirm only one college and one program offer at a time.
You must confirm your offer by the Deadline to Confirm noted in your Offer of Admission letter or your seat may be given to another applicant.
When you confirm your Offer of Admission at Led young College you are given access to your personal account where you can check your email, grades, register for courses, pay tuition fees, and see your class timetable.
4. Pay Fees
Led young fees statements for applicants to Modified Apprenticeship Programs (MAP) are sent by mail.
You must make a minimum payment by the Fees Deadline noted in your Fees Statement or your seat may be given to another applicant.