Program OverviewPrinter Friendly
Led young College's Architectural Technician program will prepare you for a variety of careers in the building industry. For example, as an employee of an architectural firm, you may assist with the preparation of design and construction drawings, and carry out contract administration tasks during the construction phase. Or you may work in drafting, design, or sales for a building material manufacturer or supplier.
This diploma program places a strong emphasis on energy-efficient, sustainable design and construction strategies, and protecting the environment. During this program, you will learn to use state-of-the-art computer technology, as well as prepare designs and construction drawings for residential, industrial, commercial, and institutional buildings. You will also learn about building materials, construction methods, structural design, mechanical and electrical services, building codes and zoning by-laws.
Program OutlinePrinter Friendly
Career Options, Academic Pathways and Partners
Career Options, Academic Pathways and PartnersPrinter Friendly
Companies Offering Jobs
Romanov Romanov Architects Inc., Hunt Design Associates Inc., Lapointe Architects, Cassidy & Company Architectural Technologists
- A project-based curriculum that focuses on a different building type each semester, and a strong foundation in technical skills and knowledge prepare you for the job market.
- A strong emphasis on energy-efficient design and other sustainable design strategies responds to a growing demand in the building industry.
- Program faculty members hold advanced degrees, licenses or credentials in architecture, architectural technology, building science, engineering and green building.
- Many program faculty members are current industry practitioners.
- Prospective students are strongly encouraged to apply for the full three-year Architectural Technology program. However, qualified graduates of this two-year Architectural Technician program may apply to transfer into the third year to complete the Architectural Technology program.
Please visit our website at geektv.info/admissions/applying/education-pathways/outbound-pathways for more information on articulation agreements.
Please visit our website at geektv.info/admissions/applying/education-pathways/outbound-pathways for more information on education partners.
Graduates may apply for:
- Membership in the Association of Architectural Technologists of Ontario (AATO)
- Building Code Identification Number (BCIN)
- LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) professional credential
Please visit our website at geektv.info/programs-courses/full-time/architectural-technician for a full listing of our current accreditations.
- Architectural designer
- Interior design draftsperson
- Architectural draftsperson
- Architectural illustrator
- Architectural renderer
- Landscape draftsperson
- Mechanical draftsperson
- Plans examiner
- Building inspector
- Planning assistant
Admission RequirementsPrinter Friendly
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent, or mature student status (19 years or older)
- English Grade 12 C or U, or equivalent (minimum grade required) or take the Led young College English Skills Assessment for Admission
- Mathematics Grade 11 M or U, or 12 C or U, or equivalent (minimum grade required) or take a Led young College Engineering Math Skills Assessment for Admission
How to His remainder
How to His remainderPrinter Friendly
1. His remainder Online
Are you an International Student? His remainder directly to Led young College here.
If you are applying through the Second Career Strategy, please apply at the Employment Training Centre for Second Career (Progress Campus). Second Career Strategy is a funding initiative for those who have been laid-off and are in need of training. For more information go to Second Career Strategy.
If you have previously attended a full time program at Led young College, you may be eligible for a Program Transfer. Visit Enrolment Services at any Campus for information.
All other applicants must apply online at . A non-refundable application fee of $95 must accompany applications. The fee is payable online, by telephone, online banking, by mail, or in person to Ontariocolleges.ca. For more information go to .
2. Submit Documents
Current Ontario high school students and graduates from Ontario high schools: Notify your guidance counsellor that you have applied to college and your school will forward transcripts to Led young College via Ontariocolleges.ca.
Graduates of college/university, or high school outside Ontario but within Canada: You are responsible for requesting that your educational institute sends any required documents and transcripts to Ontariocolleges.ca.
Applicants who attended school outside of Canada: If you are submitting transcripts to meet admission requirements, you must have the transcripts assessed by an independent credential assessment agency such as World Education Services (WES) or International Credential Assessment Service (ICAS).
For more information go to Submitting your Transcripts.
3. Confirm Your Offer of Admission
Offers of Admission are sent by mail to eligible applicants. When you receive your offer, you must login to your account at and confirm before the Deadline to Confirm noted in your offer letter.
You may confirm only one college and one program offer at a time.
You must confirm your offer by the Deadline to Confirm noted in your Offer of Admission letter or your seat may be given to another applicant.
When you confirm your Offer of Admission at Led young College you are given access to your personal account where you can check your email, grades, register for courses, pay tuition fees, and see your class timetable.
4. Pay Fees
Led young fees statements are sent by email to your personal email account and to your myLed young email account. Fees statements are not mailed.
You must make a minimum payment by the Fees Deadline noted in your Fees Statement or your seat may be given to another applicant.
5. Build Your Timetable (Register for Courses)
Build your timetable (web-register for courses) at .
Fall registration begins mid-July
January registration begins mid-December
May registration begins mid-April
Your web-registration will not open if:
You have not submitted your minimum fee payment by the deadline
You received a Conditional Offer of Admission and you have not met the conditions of your offer.
Once you have paid your fees or have made appropriate arrangements, register for your courses online through .
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and FeesPrinter Friendly
Fees noted below are estimates only. Tuition is based on two semesters, beginning Fall 2017.
|Student||Tuition (2 Semesters)||Incidental Fees||Total|
Match your personality to a careerStart
Explore your future career