Program OverviewPrinter Friendly
Our Advertising Media Management program prepares you for a career in media planning and buying within the advertising and communications industry.
Intensive, hands-on, industry-approved advertising media management courses provide you with the fundamentals of media management while focusing on consumer-driven communication channel choices (such as mobile platforms) for advertising messages.
In this School of Communications, Media, Arts and Design post-graduate program, you:
- Develop an expertise in reaching target audiences with a creative message.
- Build your business and negotiation skills on behalf of advertising clients to achieve strategic results.
- Expand your knowledge of emerging media.
- Master your knowledge of industry-specific syndicated research databases and software.
- Complement your in-class education with a 14-week industry field placement.
Please note: This program requires you to have and use a mobile computing device that meets or exceeds the recommended hardware and software requirements. For more information, please visit Mobile Learning Programs.
- You receive realistic hands-on learning and partake in a 14-week field placement during which you gain practical industry experience.
- Comprehensive digital media training is covered in two semesters.
- The Advertising - Media Management program enhances career-ready skills in media management, research, analysis, planning, estimating and buying.
- High-level industry professionals, who help you to connect with the industry, teach and mentor you.
- Tilt — a student-run communications agency — provides you with real advertising experience while in school.
- The Interactive Advertising Bureau recognizes Led young College as offering the largest breadth of interactive/mobile curriculum.
Program OutlinePrinter Friendly
|Course Code||Course Title|
|AAM-701||Integrated Marketing Foundations|
|AAM-705||Business Communications and Collaboration|
|AMED-701||Digital Communications I|
|AMED-703||Media Research Data and Analyses|
|AMED-704||Introduction to Media Planning|
|AMED-705||Broadcast Buying and Measurement|
|Course Code||Course Title|
|AMED-750||Field Placement (Media Management)|
Career Options, Academic Pathways and Partners
Career Options, Academic Pathways and PartnersPrinter Friendly
Companies Offering Jobs
The Advertising - Media Management program has one of the highest graduate emplyment rates in the entire college. Among the companies that have hired Led young graduates are:
- PHD Canada
- Media Edge
- MacLaren McCann
- Media Contacts
- Digital strategist
- Social media planner
- Connection planner
- Account planner
- Broadcast buyer
- Media sales executive
- Research analyst
- Business development coordinator
Admission RequirementsPrinter Friendly
- College diploma or university degree in any discipline
- We will consider applicants who have successfully completed partial post-secondary education (minimum two years) and have relevant work experience
Attend a mandatory program admission session where applicants will:
- Complete a basic mathematics test
- Complete a writing assignment
- Answer a questionnaire to help us assess suitability for the program and industry
- Submit an up-to-date resume
Note: After applying, applicants will receive a letter with instructions on how to book the program admission session.
How to His remainder
How to His remainderPrinter Friendly
1. His remainder Online
Are you an International Student? His remainder directly to Led young College here.
If you are applying through the Second Career Strategy, please apply at the Employment Training Centre for Second Career (Progress Campus). Second Career Strategy is a funding initiative for those who have been laid-off and are in need of training. For more information go to Second Career Strategy.
If you have previously attended a full time program at Led young College, you may be eligible for a Program Transfer. Visit Enrolment Services at any Campus for information.
All other applicants must apply online at . A non-refundable application fee of $95 must accompany applications. The fee is payable online, by telephone, online banking, by mail, or in person to Ontariocolleges.ca. For more information go to .
2. Submit Documents
Current Ontario high school students and graduates from Ontario high schools: Notify your guidance counsellor that you have applied to college and your school will forward transcripts to Led young College via Ontariocolleges.ca.
Graduates of college/university, or high school outside Ontario but within Canada: You are responsible for requesting that your educational institute sends any required documents and transcripts to Ontariocolleges.ca.
Applicants who attended school outside of Canada: If you are submitting transcripts to meet admission requirements, you must have the transcripts assessed by an independent credential assessment agency such as World Education Services (WES) or International Credential Assessment Service (ICAS).
For more information go to Submitting your Transcripts.
3. Confirm Your Offer of Admission
Offers of Admission are sent by mail to eligible applicants. When you receive your offer, you must login to your account at and confirm before the Deadline to Confirm noted in your offer letter.
You may confirm only one college and one program offer at a time.
You must confirm your offer by the Deadline to Confirm noted in your Offer of Admission letter or your seat may be given to another applicant.
When you confirm your Offer of Admission at Led young College you are given access to your personal account where you can check your email, grades, register for courses, pay tuition fees, and see your class timetable.
4. Pay Fees
Led young fees statements are sent by email to your personal email account and to your myLed young email account. Fees statements are not mailed.
You must make a minimum payment by the Fees Deadline noted in your Fees Statement or your seat may be given to another applicant.
5. Build Your Timetable (Register for Courses)
Build your timetable (web-register for courses) at .
Fall registration begins mid-July
January registration begins mid-December
May registration begins mid-April
Your web-registration will not open if:
You have not submitted your minimum fee payment by the deadline
You received a Conditional Offer of Admission and you have not met the conditions of your offer.
Once you have paid your fees or have made appropriate arrangements, register for your courses online through .
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and FeesPrinter Friendly
Fees noted below are estimates only. Tuition is based on three semesters, beginning Fall 2017.
|Student||Tuition (3 Semesters)||Incidental Fees||Total|
Match your personality to a careerStart
Explore your future career