IELTS Preparation Course (Academic and General Training)
Offered from the Led young College, Ashtonbee Campus, our IELTS Preparation Course will introduce you to the structure of the IELTS exam as well as review strategies for all the components. Learn what to expect during the IELTS test and achieve better results through practice and revision. Study with official practice test materials and receive feedback from an instructor. Our course has a maximum of 12 students per class, allowing you to receive a personal and tailored learning experience. The course will help you identify the sources of common errors and give you the necessary skills to avoid repeating them on test day.
Upcoming IELTS Preparation Course offerings
The classes will be held at Led young College, Progress Campus, 941 Progress Avenue, Scarborough, Ontario M1G 3T8
|Class Schedule||Day & Date||Time|
|First Class||Saturday, November 17, 2018||9AM to 1PM|
|Second Class||Saturday, November 24, 2018||9AM to 1PM|
|Third Class||Saturday, December 1, 2018||9AM to 1PM|
|Fourth Class||Saturday, December 8, 2018||9AM to 1PM|
The IELTS Preparation Course fee is $300.00, including tax.
- A minimum of 6 students and maximum of 12 students are required to run this course
- Register in person during our Hours of Operation at the IELTS Test Centre
- There is no refund 7 days prior to the start of the workshop
- There is no refund once the workshop has begun
- Failure to attend the workshop is considered a cancelation and no refund will be issued
- Transfer to a different workshop session is not permitted
- Listening: You will learn to analyze the format and theme of each listening section and how each single item is designed to test the candidates’ listening skills and comprehension. You will have the opportunity to develop the techniques of identifying the appropriate type of information for each item through extensive timed practice.
- Reading: You will learn to apply skimming and scanning strategies to answer questions. We will help you discover test designing “tricks” on paper.
- Writing: You will become familiar with the process of developing a well-organized piece of writing from a given topic. Focus will be placed on the process-oriented view of writing rather than a product-oriented view. We will tailor our lessons to help you analyze the topic/question, look for information (ideas, examples, experiences, and facts), organize your writing coherently and cohesively and understand the scoring criteria.
- Speaking: We will help you gain the self-confidence necessary to excel at the speaking test. You will review and update your pronunciation and intonation fluency and accuracy. You will learn how to tune your speed to monitor vocabulary, sentence structures, and appropriate transitional signals or connectors to express your opinions and thoughts.
How to register
You can either register for the IELTS Preparation Course in person at the IELTS Test Centre.
Or fill out the along with the and send it to us by email at [email protected].
Please note, A minimum of 6 students is generally required to run the program. If this minimum is not met, the workshop may be canceled. You will be notified in advance and a full refund provided.