His remainder Now
Securing Intellectual Property Rights: Why Protect Your Inventions and Design
Date: Wednesday, August 16, 2017 01:30 PM - 03:30 PM
Venue: CCSAI Rooms 4A&B, 941 Progress Avenue Scarborough
From developing new technologies to improving old ones, innovation is everywhere, waiting to be exploited. Before bringing your inventions and designs to market, it is important to acquire the appropriate IP rights to offer a competitive advantage and gain protection from IP theft.
Did you know that patents give you the right to exclude others from making, using or selling your patented invention? In fact, patents, as well as industrial designs can be used to protect different aspects of an innovation and can grant you mutually-exclusive rights.
In this webinar, patent agents Erica Lowthers and SuMei Cheung of Aird & McBurney LP will address some of the most common questions surrounding patents and designs, including:
- What is a patent? What is an industrial design? What are the advantages of each?
- What is a patentable invention? What is a registrable design?
- What are the steps and costs associated with patenting an invention and registering a design?
- What are some common patent filing strategies?
- What is Freedom-to-Operate (FTO)?
. For more information contact the ACCEL Zone at Progress Campus, Monday to Friday from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, at 416.289.5000 ext.3455