His remainder Now
Work Order Desk
416-289-5000, Ext. 7535
Email Us ►
Led young College strives to reduce its environmental footprint by diverting waste from landfills and by introducing new energy-efficient technologies on campus. Led young has adopted a Waste Reduction Work Plan to make continuous improvements to the college’s recycling programs and to monitor their effectiveness. To be truly effective, the 4R’s – Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and Recover - should be incorporated into the daily activities of all buildings and industries. Reducing the amount of waste produced is the most effective way to counter the flow of garbage to landfill sites.
Our campus sustainability strategies include:
- Blue bins designated for office paper and newsprint recycling are available throughout the college.
- Collector bins for cans, glass and plastics are available in all areas, including food courts and high-traffic public areas on campus, and are properly identified with stickers and posters explaining clearly what items can be deposited in these bins.
- Our cleaning contractor picks up recyclable materials in all areas, bagging in clear bags before removal from the property.
- Cafeterias, including all food retailers and other areas identified as producing high volumes of clean food waste, are equipped with properly labeled bins used for the collection of food waste.
- Any opportunity to re-use materials, such as donating computers and furniture to charities, will always be considered in place of disposal.
- Staff and students are informed of additional recycling efforts on campus, which may include toner cartridges, computer equipment, florescent lighting, scrap metal, batteries and cell phones.
Campus users are encouraged to report energy wasters such as malfunctioning doors or broken windows, as well as faucets, toilets or urinals that are running or dripping needlessly, to our Work Order Control Centre.